|Mexi-Salmon Breakfast Bake|
|By David Smith|
|Breakfast salmon/egg/cheese casserole
|vegetable oil cooking spray
1 1/2 cups - (about 7 oz.) of fresh (or frozen) sweet pepper strips. If you like it hot, substitute a portion of these peppers with fresh, chopped, seeded jalapeno pepper strips. Or, in place of peppers altogether, substitute 2 cups of thawed hash browns.
7 - eggs
1/2 cup - water
1 1/2 tsp. - Cajun or Creole seasoning
1 can - (14.75 oz.) salmon, drained and chunked
1 cup - (4 oz. of shredded Colby-Jack or Mexican cheese blend, divided (3/4 cup & 1/4 cup)
|1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray coat a glass, 9 inch baking dish.
2. Microwave peppers on HIGH on a microwavable plate (frozen peppers: 2-3 min.; fresh peppers: 1-2 min.)
3. Drain or pat dry peppers and transfer peppers to baking dish.
4. Beat together eggs, water & seasoning.
5. Stir in salmon and 3/4 cup of cheese.
6. Pour egg mixture over peppers.
7. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
8. Bake 18-20 minutes (until puffed and golden).
|Prep Time: 10 minutes
||Cook Time: 20 minutes|